This Spanish rice recipe has nice flavor without being too spicy. In 15 minutes you’ll have a tasty meal that is easy to prepare.
- 1 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 (16 oz) can Diced tomato - drained (or ½ cup chopped tomato)
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, add a tablespoon of the broth if needed.
- Meanwhile bring 1 1/2 cups of broth to a boil.
- Add Zone orzo and stir until broth is almost all absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Add sautéed onion, garlic powder, oregano and tomato.
- Lower heat and continue to cook until broth is absorbed.
- Fluff orzo gently with fork before serving.