Pork and apple are a winning combination, especially in this delicious Zone recipe.
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 3 1/2 oz Pork tenderloin
- 1 slice Onion - thinly sliced
- 1 Apple - cored and chopped, (Granny Smith)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsps Cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Celery salt
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsps Water
- 1 tbsp Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Lemon herb seasoning
- 2 cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a medium-size sauté pan.
- Sauté pork loin until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add onion, apple, applesauce, vinegar, celery salt, cinnamon, water, lemon juice and lemon herb seasoning. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a second nonstick sauté pan, heat remaining oil and stock. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms onto a serving plate.
- Top with pork mixture and serve.