This Valencian orzo, shrimp and chicken Paella is complete with tomato and red pepper, and flavored with saffron, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- 1 (8oz) can Crushed tomato
- 1 1/4 cup Chicken stock (unsalted, Kitchen Basics brand)
- 2 pinches Saffron
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 oz Chicken breast (cooked, chopped)
- 10 Shrimp (1oz)(canned & drained, these small shrimp weigh just 8 grams)
- 1 Red bell pepper (cut julienne style)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper (for flavor)
Serving Size 2 servings
Total Fat 11g
- In a bowl, blend the tomatoes with stick blender, add the chicken stock and saffron and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add minced garlic and orzo, stirring until the orzo is golden.
- Stir in the tomato broth, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cover add chicken, shrimp, and julienned red pepper and stir until slightly soupy.
- Remove from heat add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.