Straight from the Orient to Zone Kitchens is a shrimp orzo dish flavored with soy, citrus, ginger and garlic, accompanied with carrots, pepper and broccoli.
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup Orange juice (fresh-squeezed)
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice (fresh-squeezed, juice of 2 lemons)
- 1 clove Garlic (or garlic powder, for flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger -ground
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot (cut julienne style)
- 1 Bell pepper (cut julienne style)
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Broccoli chopped (or frozen)
- 3 oz Shrimp
Serving Size 2 servings
Total Fat 11g
- In a small bowl make a sauce by whisking soy sauce with orange juice, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- Prepare Zone pasta as directed. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a large hot sauté pan.
- Add vegetables in order of cooking: the hardest to softer, first the carrots, peppers, then broccoli. Add a little reserved water as needed.
- Cook each vegetable 1-2 minutes until softened slightly before adding the next one. Incorporate a splash of soy sauce; then add the shrimp and cooked orzo.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until warmed, 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.