Don’t let the name fool you. With summer squash available year round this is one dish that can be made no matter the season.
- heaping 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini - cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Summer squash - cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Green onion
- 1 tbsp Fresh-squeezed lemon juice - zest some rind before your squeeze for more lemon flavor
- 1/2 tsp Dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- to taste Salt & pepper
- Prepare orzo according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the zucchini and summer squash until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the green onion and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the orzo.
- Season with lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, salt and black pepper to serve.