Try this healthy and refreshing salad with dill and pistachio nuts.
- heaping 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth
- 2 tbsps Fresh-squeezed orange juice - (use a good juice orange) and some zest
- 1 tbsp Finely minced fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Pistachio nuts - minced
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Broccoli slaw Dole - raw
Total Fat 12g
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Add a tablespoon of the broth as needed.
- Meanwhile bring broth to a boil.
- Add Zone orzo and stir until broth is almost all absorbed, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Grate the zest from the orange and then squeeze out all the juice.
- Fluff the Zone orzo thoroughly with a fork and add both the zest and juice, along with the dill. Mix well. Cover tightly and set aside until serving time.
- Without removing the cover, heat just before serving in a microwave or a regular oven at 325°F.
- Serve hot over the broccoli slaw, sprinkled lightly with pistachios and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.