Zone PastaRx Orzo allows you to enjoy this once forbidden food without the guilt!
- 1 1/4 cups Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 2 tsps Sesame oil
- 4 tsps Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot - diced
- 1/2 cup Broccoli - chopped
- 1/2 Red bell pepper - diced
- 1 small Zucchini - diced
- 2 tbsps Ginger root - 1 inch piece, shredded
- 2 cups Sliced mushrooms
- 2 Scallions-sliced
- 16 Snow peas - halved
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters-whites - scrambled
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 4 tsps Low sodium soy sauce
- to taste Fresh cilantro
Total Fat 11g
- Prepare Zone pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Drain and rinse again. Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy skillet, heat the oils and sauté carrot, broccoli, pepper, zucchini and ginger.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes, then add mushroom, scallions and snow peas. Cook until tender.
- Blend in cooked orzo, seasonings and the egg whites until cooked.
- Serve with soy sauce and garnish with cilantro.