A mild and creamy orzo pasta filling with Parmesan cheese cools down the spicy kick of jalapeno peppers. Serve these up at your next party.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo (Chop after cooking)
- 3/4 cup Low-fat Ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup Reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Roasted red peppers (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 9 Jalapeno peppers (halved lengthwise, seeds removed)
- 1 tbsps Parmesan (grated)
- 2/3 cup Salsa
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions. Let cool so you can chop it.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together ricotta, cheddar, scallion, roasted red peppers basil and orzo.
- Stuff jalapeno halves with orzo cheese mix.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Top with salsa