The lemon and parsley team up to make a delicious lunch or dinner salad. Great meal hot or cold.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cup Baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Garbanzo beans
- 1 Scallion - thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add Zone orzo and stir until broth is almost all absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Add baby spinach and stir until liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in garbanzo beans.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- When cool, add scallions, parsley, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.