Roasted tomatoes, asparagus and shrimp make a delicious topping for our Zone PastaRx.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cooking spray - olive oil Pam
- 2 Roma tomatoes - cut in half, cut side up
- 3 cloves Garlic - leave skin on
- 1 1/2 cup Thin asparagus - trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths (or larger stalks, peeled and halved lengthwise before cutting)
- 4 Large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/8 tsp Thyme
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Set oven rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a roasting pan, spray tomatoes, garlic (with skin/paper on) with Pam and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes are wrinkled and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Scatter the asparagus and shrimp over the tomatoes and give another spray of Pam and roast until the shrimp are curled and firm and the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove the garlic from the pan, unwrap and let cool for 5 minutes, then cover the roasting pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook Zone pasta as directed.
- While the pasta is cooking, peel the garlic cloves and squeeze out the soft pulp. Mash to a paste with the flat side of a knife.
- Drain the pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid and set aside. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, mashed garlic, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, tossing to evenly coat the pasta. If you want more moisture, add water.