Enjoy our fusilli blended with a creamy pepper sauce with roasted red peppers and tomatoes.
- 1 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 3 Tomatoes (halved, peeled)
- 1/2 cup Roasted red peppers (jarred, drained)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3/4 cup 2% Milk
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper (for flavor)
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (grated)
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- To peel the tomatoes, roast them by broiling, 4-6 inches below the heating element. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet. Broil until the skins are blackened, 12-15 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, pinch off the skins.
- To make the sauce, blend the skinned tomatoes, peppers, water, milk, garlic powder, and Salt & Pepper to taste with stick blender (or blender) until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-medium high. Stir in fusill stirring every so often and cook down to desired sauce consistency.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil, Parmesan and garnished with parsley.