This dish is as delicious as it is colorful. Fresh broccoli is great, but you won’t miss out with a high quality frozen broccoli.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Onion - chopped
- 1/3 clove Garlic - pressed
- 1/3 cup Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli - florets (whole or chopped)
- to taste Herbs (such as thyme, sage, oregano or tarragon)
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Cook Zone fusilli as directed. Add broccoli for the last 5 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and add onion. Sauté for a few minutes, add garlic and sauté until wilted. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
- Toss into fusilli and moisten with reserved liquid, to desired consistency, adding slowly (you may not want to use all).
- Sprinkle with herbs, red pepper flakes salt and pepper.