This dish is great hot or cold! A favorite of Dr. Sears with roasted tomatoes and eggplant.
- Cooking spray - olive oil Pam
- 3 Roma tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup Eggplant - chopped into little cubes
- 2 cloves Garlic - leave paper on cloves to roast
- to taste Salt & pepper
- to taste Curry
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Low-fat feta
Total Fat 10g
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the tomatoes, eggplant and garlic onto a baking sheet sprayed with Pam and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any spices you like. Cook for about 35 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile prepare Zone PastaRx Fusill according to package directions timed with completion of roasted vegetables. Drain, reserve 1/4 cup of liquid
- When roasted vegetables are soft remove from the oven.
- Squeeze the garlic from the paper into a bowl. Add extra virgin olive oil and basil, mix well.
- Add vegetables, pasta, and feta cheese.
- Add some reserved pasta water if you want it more moist. Toss to mix up.