A fresh summer salad tossed with a light Asian dressing.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 12 spears Asparagus - cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked and drained
- 3 tbsps Rice vinegar
- pinch Stevia (a sprinkle really) to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz Low-fat feta
- 12 Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 4 Scallions - diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro
Total Fat 12g
- Cook Zone pasta as directed, adding the asparagus pieces for the last 4-5 minutes.
- Drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid and set aside. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Drain again and cool.
- Meanwhile whisk together the rice vinegar, stevia, sea salt, sesame oil, and olive oil in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Add the feta, tomato, green onion, cooked orzo/asparagus and cilantro to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Add some reserved pasta water in small increments until you achieve the moisture you desire.