A taste of the South: Kidney beans and bell peppers with hot sauce and chicken sausage add a hearty kick to this orzo pasta dish.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 link Smoked andouille chicken sausage (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 3 tbsps Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Green onions (sliced)
- Hot sauce (to taste)
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium. Add sausage, onion, pepper, garlic and Creole seasoning. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often. Stir in cooked orzo, kidney beans and tomato paste. Cook 2 minutes or until orzo is hot.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and hot sauce.