A taste of the South: Kidney beans and bell peppers with hot sauce and chicken sausage add a hearty kick to this orzo pasta dish.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 link al fresco® Smoked andouille chicken sausage (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Green onions (sliced)
- (to taste) Tabasco
Total Fat 11
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet on medium. Add sausage, onion, pepper, garlic and Creole seasoning. Cook 8 minutes, stirring often. Stir in cooked orzo, kidney beans and tomato paste. Cook 2 minutes or until orzo is hot.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and hot sauce.