For a quick and easy meal cook everything in the morning and put in the fridge. Prepare and assemble when you want to eat the meal.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 Egg white – hard boiled, discard yolk, chop
- 6 Asparagus - cut in thirds or quarters
- 2 Tbsp Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried basil - or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 oz Canadian bacon - diced
Total Fat 11g
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Fusilli according to package directions, add one egg with fusilli (to hard boil), and add asparagus for the last 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, slowly whisk lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and spices to infuse some flavor; set aside.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking.
- Stir in chopped onion and Canadian bacon, refrigerate to cool at least 1 hour.
- Peel the egg and discard the yolk.
- Chop or slice the whites into the pasta.
- Add the oil dressing. Mix with a few gentle turns.