The Orzo is remarkably versatile and is a staff favorite, always popular at lunch time.
- heaping 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- Cooking spray - olive oil Pam
- 1 tbsp Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper - chopped
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno pepper canned - minced
- 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsps Coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Kidney beans canned - rinsed/drained
- 2 Scallions - minced
Total Fat 12g
- Prepare orzo according to package instruction; drain.
- Spray a medium saucepan with olive oil Pam, sauté garlic and pepper for a few minute over medium heat, and add broth to prevent sticking.
- Add the jalapeno, thyme, and salt, stirring often, about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Stir in beans until heated through.
- Add orzo and remove from heat.
- Stir in scallions. Let sit, covered, 5 minutes.