Pasta for breakfast? You bet. This is an easy-to-make and easy-to-take meal that can work anytime of the day.
- heaping 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp Polaner sugar free preserves - (flavor of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice - and sprinkle some more on top
- 2 tbsps 0%-Fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup strawberries - sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds - slivered
- In a medium-size sauce pan combine Zone orzo, milk, water, preserves, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and bring to a slow simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring for about 15 minutes, or until thick.
- To serve, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon), stir in or top with remaining ingredients.
Serve hot or cold.