Straight from the Zone kitchen, enjoy this cannellini bean and sausage orzo dish, flavored with tomatoes, onion, garlic and cilantro.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Tomatoes (diced or crushed)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper (for flavor)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 link Chicken Sausage (al fresco® chipotle chorizo, sliced and quartered)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Cannellini beans (Bush’s brand, canned)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo as directed.
- Blend the tomatoes with water, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the sausage and sauté until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour the tomato/water sauce, beans and cooked orzo into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until warm.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Divide into 2 bowls and garnish with cilantro.