Straight from the Zone kitchen, enjoy this cannellini bean and sausage orzo dish, flavored with tomatoes, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Tomatoes
- 1/2 cups Water
- Salt & Pepper (for flavor)
- 2 tsps Olive oil
- 1/2 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 link Chicken sausage (Al fresco brand chipotle chorizo, sliced and quartered)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Cannellini beans (Bush’s brand, canned)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- Prepare Zone pasta as directed on the package.
- Blend the tomatoes with water, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the sausage and sauté until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour the tomato/water sauce, beans and cooked orzo into the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken sausage. Cook for 5 minutes more.