This healthy BBQ pepper and onion pasta recipe makes a wonderful lunch or dinner. It’s fine to use fresh peppers too, but the frozen option is quick and easy.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Birds Eye® Frozen Pepper Stir-Fry (thawed)
- 4 oz Asparagus (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Zoned Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper stir-fry, garlic powder and turmeric. Cook until just starting to brown.
- Add cooked orzo, Zoned Barbecue Sauce, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and cheese to peppers in skillet and cook until heated through.