This healthy BBQ pepper and onion pasta recipe makes a wonderful lunch or dinner. It’s fine to use fresh peppers too, but the frozen option is quick and easy.
- heaping 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Birds Eye frozen pepper stir-fry - thawed
- 4 oz Asparagus - chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsps Zoned Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsps Grated parmesan
- Prepare Zone orzo according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper stir-fry, garlic powder and turmeric. Cook until just starting to brown.
- Add cooked orzo, Zoned Barbecue Sauce, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and cheese to peppers in skillet and cook until heated through.