Experiment with different types of chicken sausage to add a bit of variety, including flavors of jalapeno to add a little spice.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Dry white cooking wine
- 1 slice Onion
- 1/2 link Al fresco sweet apple chicken sausage - sliced
- 1/4 Medium apple - diced
- 3/4 tsp Walnuts - crushed, toasted if you want
- 1 cup Baby spinach leaves
- Cook Zone pasta as directed. Drain.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and wine in nonstick skillet.
- Sauté onion until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cut sausage and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in diced apples, walnuts, spinach and reserved pasta.
- dd some of the reserved water if needed.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes until all ingredients are warm and spinach is wilted.