The forums on ZoneDiet.com help Zoners share tips with each other, post recipes and ask questions about how to stay in the Zone.
Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled.
The basic ground rules for discussions on Zone Labs are simple: Be polite, use common sense, don't break the law and don't post any message that even hints at advertising.
The following is a partial list of the kinds of conduct that are illegal or prohibited on the site. Zone Labs reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Zone Labs' sole discretion, engages in any of the prohibited activities. Prohibited activities include but are not limited to-the following:
- Using the site for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, or any other rights of any party;
- Posting or linking to material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Zone Labs in its sole discretion or pursuant to local community standards. Zone Labs takes no responsibility for monitoring such content or in evaluating it;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Publishing or discussing any information regarding your product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services you are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but is not limited to suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends;
- Posting any message that is commercial by nature;
- Posting any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, including informational pages. A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties,
- Posting a message or a link that connects our site with the site of one of Zone Lab's competitors;
- Soliciting Zone's membership for feedback or suggestions on your product or services;
- Shilling. If you're caught shilling, you're banned, and you're not coming back. A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they're paid to post about it, they're helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form). We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning;
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming". Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forum categories;
- Harassing, threatening, stalking, or abusing any person;
- Posting commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum;
- Posting words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by Zone Labs. Please contact us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored;
- Bumping threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. Moderators will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not;
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the site, or which, in the sole discretion of Zone Labs, exposes Zone Labs or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback, however, and invite you to use our suggestions and comments thread if you have any questions or concerns.
Zone's Rights and Obligations
Zone Labs reserves the right-but is not obligated-to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue or content posted on any pages of the site;
- Investigate an allegation that anything posted on the site does not conform to these Terms and Conditions and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the posting;
- Remove postings which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions;
- Terminate a user's access to the site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any posting on the site; and
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the site, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within posts, but we will enforce the policies outlined both here and on the Forum. We reserve the right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. Suspension of your account is a definite consequence of not adhering to these guidelines.
We do not remove posts or accounts on request.
In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Zone Labs cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the forum.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to remain informed of current Zone Labs' policies.
We do not monitor private messages. But we will investigate all allegations of private message abuse.
We further, reserve our right to disable any account at any time for any reason and without notice.
Finally, any abuse toward our staff and/or management in any form, may result in immediate suspension of your account. Zone reserves the right to bring legal action against anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions and to report any suspected illegal conduct to the proper authorities.