I made this for Thanksgiving last year and it was delicious. I'm making it again this year and leaving out the sausage.
(2 meals or 4 1-block sides)
A little bit of butter or live oil to grease the baking dish
1 stalk celery, chopped
½ small onion, chopped
1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
1 teaspoon light olive oil
1 low fat precooked chicken sausage, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into ¼ inch half moon shaped slices
2 slices SuperZone White Loaf, cut into cubes
2 slices SuperZone Multigrain Loaf, cut into cubes
Poultry seasoning, to your taste
A pinch or more cayenne, to your taste
S&P to your taste
1/2 cup chicken stock
Optional, if desired for taste, 1½ teaspoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Grease 8 inch baking dish, or a slightly smaller dish, with a small amount of butter an set aside
3. Sauté the veggies in the olive oil until soft.
4. Toss the veggies together with the rest of the ingredients and place into the buttered baking dish.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 or 15 more minutes.
Consultant of Zone Labs
Certified Zone Affiliate
Lost 100 lbs 15 yrs ago, off BP meds, thanks to the Zone diet and Zone fish oil. ZoneFast 1-2-3 is the best!
View my Zone Fast 1-2-3 meal photos here:
View my classic Zone meal photos here: