Has anyone tired the Quick Picadillo Sandwich? One of my favorites, a recipe from one of Dr. Sear's sites.
Here's the description and the recipe:
Pica-what? Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries and the Philippines. It reminds us of a healthier and more complex version of that old favorite, Sloppy Joes. You won't miss the Manwich here, though, because the sweet and savory flavors of this recipe are going to win you over!
2/3 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
2 oz ground turkey, lean
1 tbsp. golden raisins
dash of chili powder
3/4 tsp. red wine vinegar
dash pumpkin seasoning
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 pieces SuperZone bread (the SZ sandwich roll can also be used)
1. Cook onion, garlic, and ground turkey in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
2. Drain and return mixture to skillet.
3. Stir in raisins, chili powder, red wine vinegar, pumpkin seasoning, salt, and tomato.
4. Reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Spread picadillo mixture on slice of toasted SuperZone bread, cover with top slice, (or on a SuperZone sandwich roll) and serve.