ZONE BREAD AND SAUSAGE STUFFING
(2 meals or 4 sides)
I made this last Thanksgiving and again for Christmas dinner. Delicious! Everyone loved it!
A little bit of butter to grease the baking dish
1 stalk celery, chopped
½ small onion, chopped
1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
1 teaspoon light olive oil
1 low fat precooked chicken sausage, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into ¼ inch thick half moon shaped slices
2 slices Zone white bread, cut into cubes
2 slices Zone Multigrain bread, cut into cubes
Poultry seasoning, to your taste
A pinch or more cayenne, to your taste
S&P to taste
1/2 cup chicken stock
1½ to 2 teaspoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Grease 8 inch baking dish, or a slightly smaller dish, with a small amount of butter an set aside.
3. Sauté the veggies in the olive oil until soft.
4. Toss the veggies together with the rest of the ingredients and place into the buttered baking dish.
5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 or 15 more minutes.