ZONE TURKEY SOUP
Here's a delicious way to use up leftover turkey after a holiday meal. No special amounts are needed.
Turkey stock (simmer the neck, bones, etc. in water with celery onion and carrots for a couple hours or more; strain and discard all but the broth); an alternative would be to use purchased chicken stock or veggie broth
Additional water, if needed to make the desired amount of soup
Chopped onions, celery and carrots
Herbs of your choice
Zone orzo, uncooked
Small bits of leftover turkey
1. Sauté the onions, celery and carrots in the olive oil for a few minutes to soften slightly.
2. Add the stock and herbs, and simmer until veggies are cooked through
3. Add the orzo and continue to simmer until cooked (about 10 minutes)
4. Stir in turkey and keep over the heat just until the meat is warmed.
5. Season with S&P and serve.