CHICKEN, GREEN BEAN AND STEEL CUT OAT RISOTTO CASSEROLE
Makes 4 servings, 4P, 2C and 4F per serving.
2 ½ cups fresh green beans, snapped into 1 inch pieces
4 medium to larger sized chicken tenders (frozen is fine; no need to thaw)
Sauce mixture(see ingredients below)
4 medium to larger sized chicken tenders
Sauce Mixture ingredients:
3 cups WestSoy Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk (plain, not a flavored variety)
2 tablespoons light olive oil
2 ½ tablespoons flour
A generous ¼ cup uncooked steel cut oats
Generous amounts of the following seasonings (but don’t overdo it with the salt and pepper):
Chives (freeze dried)
Parsley (freeze dried)
Red onion (freeze dried)
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Place green beans in an 8 x 12” baking dish.
2. Place the chicken tenders on top of the green beans
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
4. Pour the sauce mixture over the green beans and chicken.
5. Give the chicken a small sprinkle of poultry seasoning (the chicken only, not the entire dish).
6. Cover with foil, and vent so the steam can escape.
7. Bake on 350 for 1 -1 ½ hours until chicken is done and oats are fully cooked, and sauce is thickened (baking time will also depends on whether you used fresh or frozen chicken).
Serve with another block or two of veggies or fruit to complete your desired Zone balance.