Serving size for typical female
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 cup sliced yellow squash
2 cups cauliflower pieces
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 egg whites
1 ounce nonfat ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons guacamole or plain avocado
1 cup chopped tomato
Lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic and cilantro
1/2 cup raspberries or strawberries
1. Spray skillet with non-stick, fat-free lubricant. Heat skillet and pour in egg whites.
2. Chop zucchini and yellow squash to the size that you like (I prefer julienned). Distribute evenly on top of egg whites in heated skillet.
3. Distribute onions evenly across the omelet in the skillet. When omelet turns opaque, turn over and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
4. Mix tomato with cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, and garlic to taste in small bowl to make salsa topping. 5. Steam cauliflower for 2-3 minutes.
6. Mash the cauliflower using a hand-held masher to your desired consistency. Add non-fat ricotta cheese and mix well. Then warm for a few minutes over medium heat.
7. Add avocado or guacamole to the cauliflower-ricotta cream mixture and continue to warm over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
8. When egg mixture is finished cooking, slide it off the skillet and onto a plate (do not fold like an omelet yet). Spread the avocado-ricotta-cauliflower cream mixture across the cooked egg.
9. Fold the cooked egg in half, like an omelet. Top with tomato salsa mixture. Enjoy berries on the side.