For those out there who do not like the taste or consistency of Cottage Cheese, here is a variation of the "Fruit Salad" recipe from the book "A Week in the Zone." It works for both males and females, so the "blocks" can vary.
1. Put the allotment of cottage cheese into a blender.
2. Put the allotment of fruit in the blender, but make sure it is frozen.
3. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a packet of Splenda (or two) to taste.
4. Blend till smooth. You may need to add a tablespoon of water to the blender to get the blade going.
5. Pour into a bowl and put in the freezer for 5 minutes. I found this recipe works best with pineapple and mango. (I know, it's not a Zone- favorable fruit). Experiment with your favorite fruits. Just make sure they are frozen and measured correctly.